Saturday, October 28, 2006

Moonspell at Peabody's Down Under

Moonspell put on an amazing show at Peabody's Down Under.

The show opened up with local band, Dark Arena. This was my first exposure to the band and I was pleasantly surprised. The singer was impressive and the music was good. They only played a few songs, but I am looking forward to checking out more of their stuff.

Next up was Daylight Dies and they also sounded really good. I was completely unfamiliar with their music, but I found myself headbanging anyway. Really good stuff. It's always a nice surprise when the openers are good, too.

Katatonia was just fantastic. We are so lucky to get bands like this coming to Cleveland. The audience was really getting into the show, and it was nice to see people of all ages enjoying the music.

When Moonspell finally hit the stage, everyone was ready to rock. It was dark and loud, and wonderful. Blood Tells nearly knocked me off my feet and has been stuck in my head, ever since.

No comments: